Junior Web Developer
Job Type: Full-time Junior Web Developer
Location: Home working with regular team meetings in London
Salary: £18k – £22K depending on experience
We are looking for an exceptional Junior Web Developer to help us maintain and create quality web sites for our existing and new clients and undertake day to day web development tasks.
This role will suit a junior developer or graduate who is eager to learn and develop their career. In return, you will be given support, the opportunity for progression within our business and the chance to move your career in a variety of directions. You will be an integral part of the in-house team and therefore we are looking for a like-minded positive person to fit in well on a long-term basis; we’re a small team and very focused so you’ll be involved in collaboration and brainstorming and a regular schedule.
Regular team social drinks, bonus and pension scheme.
The ideal web developer must have solid experience of
- HTML5 / CSS3 / Sass
- Design and build of HTML emails
- Build and configuration of new WordPress website and blogs
- Supporting and troubleshooting existing client websites
- Cross browser testing
- Knowledge and experience of accessibility standards and testing
- Ability to convert mock-ups to valid cross browser HTML
- Strong knowledge of SEO and technical optimisation techniques
- Maintaining and improving existing templates and websites
- Apply brand identity to pre-existing designs, templates and themes
- Perform detailed functional and navigation testing
- Prepare technical documentation and test plans
- Experience using Version Control (Git)
- Experience with SASS/LESS
- Knowledge of RESTful API’s including the WordPress REST API
- Understanding of basic DNS configurations & server configs such as CDNs.
- Experience of using Google Analytics and setting up tracking and goals
- Keen attention to detail and trouble shooting
- Ability to build a website, start to finish
- A very strong portfolio of responsive web design work
- Can work in a collaborative team atmosphere
- Strong ability to communicate via visual and verbal media
- Willingness to learn and self-improve to maintain productivity
- As junior web developer you must have a strong work ethic
- Ability to work under pressure, with high attention to detail
- Understand the importance of maintainable code and coding standards
The role requires
- Time management skills, with the ability to work towards strict deadlines and under pressure
- To work within a team as well as independently
- Help with ongoing maintenance of existing client work
- Show meticulous attention to detail & quality
- Liaise with managers, clients and project managers to produce the required work to strict deadlines
- Have a strong aspiration and be driven to continue producing excellent and creative work
- Have a can-do attitude, always happy to help and be willing to learn
- Articulate excellent communication skills, and answering the phone from time to time will be expected
- A career path to front end developer and valuable experience within a commercial agency environment
- Performance based bonuses
- Pension scheme
Immediate availability preferred.
Only applicants educated to degree level will be considered for our junior web developer role.
Only applicants with perfect and flawless spoken English and eligible to work in the UK will be considered for this role.
A secure, quiet and fast internet connection is essential for this role.
To apply please e-mail us with your CV, portfolio and any extra information you feel may help your application.
Please note that we receive a high volume of applications for our vacancies. Whilst we try to respond to as many applicants as possible, you can assume you have not been shortlisted for an interview if you have not heard from us within 14 days.
STRICTLY NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES
Want to find out more?