Job Type: UX Designer – Part-time
Location: Remote, home working
Salary: Depending on experience
We’re Zebedee. We create websites, applications and apps that elevate brands and transform their performance. We are a small, friendly, hardworking, can-do and collaborative web agency team of problem solvers, strategists, creatives, UX designers and developers.
We foster an extended team ethos for our clients in order to build strong and transparent relationships. We’re agile and fast, enabling the delivery of our work quickly and to the best possible standard.
We are looking for a part-time, remote working exceptional UX Designer to become an integral part of this team. You will have significant agency experience, live and breathe UX and are super passionate about everything digital – you’re someone who can work collaboratively with senior designers, the dev team and management, as well as independently on a remote basis.
You’ll need to show us an exceptional portfolio of current work, provide strong references and will have excellent Adobe CC skills (XD, InDesign, Illustrator). A good experience of HTML and CSS under your belt is highly desirable.
As the successful candidate, you must be prepared to roll up your sleeves and get fully involved in the workflow of the agency. A practical, no-nonsense approach to work, with a keen eye for detail and bags of motivation is what we’re after. You must enjoy a challenge and relish the idea of working collaboratively as part of a small team and contribute to other, non-design related agency tasks when required.
UX Designer Skills
- Good communication and client facing skills at board level
- A dedicated and positive attitude with a fastidious attention to detail
- Comfortable working with clients and developers to gather user and business requirements
- Wireframing, user journeys, low/high prototyping for new web pages, apps and websites
- Ideation and conceptualisation for new projects and pitches
- Designing, enhancing and maintaining the look & feel of new web pages (UX UI) within existing style guides and designs
- Ability to enhance UX and UI within existing websites, apps and legacy themes
- An excellent understanding of SEO and accessibility standards
- Designing responsive email newsletter and campaign templates
- Designing/configuration of WordPress themes and Squarespace sites from start to finish
- Conducting usability reviews and reporting on recommended improvements
- CMS editing experience
- Ability to work to strict deadlines
- Creating artwork for printed communications such as flyers, ads, brochures, pull-ups and video animation graphics
- HTML/CSS coding skills
- WordPress design and configuration skills
- Coding responsive HTML email campaigns
- Testing HTML email functionality using Litmus and correcting errors in the code
- Performance-based bonuses
- Sales commission
- Training & mentoring
- Pension scheme
- Regular team social drinks
- Charity and ‘mental health’ afternoons
- Childcare Vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- As an extra perk, we usually close over the Christmas week
Only applicants educated to degree level will be considered for our UX designer role.
Only applicants with perfect and flawless spoken English and eligible to work in the UK will be considered.
A secure, quiet and fast internet connection is essential for this role.
To apply please e-mail us with your CV, portfolio and any extra information you feel may help your application.
Please note that we receive a high volume of applications for our vacancies. Whilst we try to respond to as many applicants as possible, you can assume you have not been shortlisted for an interview if you have not heard from us within 14 days.
STRICTLY NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES
Want to find out more?